1. Olga Boissevain and Her Family - The Boissevains and the MacDonnells.
SEPARATE FILE NOW:
Charles and Emily Boissevain, My Mother’s Parents
Olga Boissevain, My Mother
2. Bram van Stockum and the van Stockums.
My Father’s Naval Career
World War I
My Father’s Teaching
My Father in USA
Father Returns from USA
3. Hilda's Childhood - Java.
Mother Leaves for Switzerland 1912
The Great War
Mother's letters from Java.
4. Growing Up in Holland - Religion
Finding Religion in Hans Christian Andersen
5. Art School in Amsterdam.
Her Emergence as an Artist
6. Art School in Dublin.The van Stockum family went to Dublin when Hilda was 16, i.e., in 1924, because of the connection with the Jameson family. Billy Kirkwood, a famous polo player, was married to Harriet (Harrie) Jameson. They lived in Clontarf/Clondarf.
7. Marriage to Spike Marlin.
8. The 1930s.
1934 - Olga born and A Day on Skates appears
Brigid and Randal born
Irish books - May Massee her editor
9. World War II and Its Aftermath.
Sheila, John, Lis born
Kersti and St. NicholasWinged Watchman and Borrowed House
Willem's letters, death in France
Hilda van Stockum - www.hildavanstockum.com/ News, July 24, 2007: Book Featuring HvS's Brother
Willem Jacob van Stockum. David Toomey's book, New Time Travelers (New York: W.W. Norton, 2007), has ...
10. The 1950s. Europe.
Visit to Laval to Willem's gravesite
Olga joins Opus Dei
Randal at Princeton
Brigid, Sheila,Lis in Hemel/Berko
11. The 1960s.
12. The 1970s.
13. The 1980s.
14. The 1990s - Spike's death
15. Her Last Years and Death in 2006. Her funeral and Guest Book.
16. An Appreciation of Her Art.===